Guest Houses & B+Bs
Hostels
Caravan/Camping Sites
Eating & Drinking
Attractions
Activities
Retail Outlets
Moy section
Wade Military Road Heritage Path
RReconstruction Plaque
Moy McIntosh Memorial

Moy

6½ miles

Two miles after the exit from Tomatin, turn right on to the road signposted to Moy. To the east of the village is Loch Moy, on an island of which are the remains of a castle and also an obelisk to the memory of Sir Aeneas MacKintosh.


Moy Hall, at the north end of the loch has been the home of Clan MacKintosh chiefs since the 14th century. Charles Edward Stuart “Bonnie Prince Charlie” spent the night here on 16th February 1746. The “Route of Moy” took place in the vicinity when a Government force under Lord Loudoun fled in disorder while attempting to capture the Prince. The present Moy Hall dates from the 1950’s.


We now rejoin the new road and turn right to complete the last leg of our journey to Inverness, the Highland capital.

©SamFrisco MMXV
Contains Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right 2015